Monday, 20 October 2008

Still on target


A quick update, folks. Monday has been and gone, and taken with it day 4 of 45 of the Big Buta challenge.

So far, so good. I've just finished for the night, having knocked out 4,106 words on Quackenbush in the first four days. The plan was to average around 1,000 words a day until the end of November, so I'm keeping pace. For now. I'd hoped to get more done over the weekend, to get ahead of myself, but time didn't permit.

I'm really buzzing at the moment, enjoying being back in the fiction saddle after so much non-fiction. However, for the next couple of days I'm returning to the Manx Giant. Should I manage to get just one manuscript completed by November 30th, it's imperative that it is the Giant.

The hope is that within the next few days I'll be able to firm up exactly how far from the finishing line I am with both projects. Until then, I'll just keeping knocking out a grand a day.

No comments: