Tuesday, 16 June 2009

New blog launched - the greatest books ever written

I've long known that I don't read as widely as I should. In fact, for a writer, my list of books read is embarrassingly modern. I did experience a few of the so-called great works of fiction at school, but since then... well, it just hasn't happened.

But that's all about to change. I've started a new blog - The 113 Supposedly Greatest Books Ever Written - and over the course of the next two years (hellfire, that's optimistic...) I'll be reading each and every one of them. And ranting/raving about them.

The first post is up - it explains what the experiment is all about, and first on the menu is a book I've been meaning to read for, oh, the best part of 25 years. Better late than never, I guess. Have a gander and you'll see what it's all about.

More importantly, feel free to join in the discussion about each book as I make my way up the list, or join in and read a book or two with me.

Gentlefolk, start your engines...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hi John,

I can't seem to get that link to work :-(

John Quirk said...

There you go, Kate, got it fixed. Minor technical hitch... :-)